- 4 pounds beef chuck roast (trimmed)
- 1 (12-ounce) can beer (you choose the flavor or use 1 1/2 cups beef stock or broth, low sodium or unsalted)
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix (dry)
- 1 (12-ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers (with the liquid)
- Optional: Hard rolls, bulkie rolls, French bread, etc.
Steps to Make It
Pour beer (or beef broth or stock) into the slow cooker.
Drain liquid from pepperoncini into the crockpot. Stir in the salad dressing mix until well-blended. Place about half of the peppers in the slow cooker.
Trim fat from the roast; place in slow cooker on top of peppers.
Top roast with remaining peppers.
Cover and cook on low for eight to 10 hours.
Remove the cooked roast from slow cooker; cool slightly. While still warm, pull roast with two forks to shred.
To serve, ladle a small amount of warm liquid from slow cooker onto split rolls or bread, top with shredded beef, then follow with more beef liquid as desired. Serve with forks and a stack of napkins.