- two tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 pounds red taters, peeled and thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions, div > View Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a tiny saucepan, melt butter stir in flour, pepper and salt until smooth. Progressively whisk in milk. Provide a boil, stirring constantly prepare and stir until thickened, a couple of minutes. Remove from heat stir in cheese until melted.
- Coat an 8-in. square baking dish with cooking spray. Place 1 / 2 of the taters in dish layer with 1/2 cup onion and 1 / 2 of the cheese sauce. Repeat layers.
- Bake, covered, 50 minutes. Uncover bake until bubbly and taters are tender, 10-fifteen minutes longer.